Thursday 18 May 2017

SHACK 71 HERE AND THERE ONCE MORE

like success
(so you might as well meditate --self inquiry---Shack)
I had a cousin who was physicist and when we talked about meditation years later and a photo of him is in two things I write about elsewhere, his explanation of Atoms was given to me by Sensei many years before.

Near the dojo was a canal and wood yards where they would load wood onto the barges.  One day I found a piece of Oak that was about four feet long and two inches thick I don't think a steam hammer would break it. We were always teasing Sensei mildly and he took it with great humor.  

As Sensei came in we all gathered around him, and we were much taller than him, I said ' Sensei do you think you could break this piece of wood' There was a silence that was shattering, after about ten minutes he said 'bring two chairs', I went cold, we brought two chairs and he laid the wood across the uprights of both.

What seemed like a long time he stroked the piece of wood and it split.
Some of us just stood in deep shock, others ran out, I went to pee several times.  It really was a strong hard piece of wood. How did you do that we all cried.  He said he would tell us after a while. For me he said you will find out in about three weeks.  Sensei said 'its all about bits'.

In a science lesson the teacher was explaining that molecules were composed of atoms and they had found bits which they called particles. My hair felt as if was standing up.  The teacher said to me your cousin knows about this and helped in some experiments.

That happened three weeks after Sensei said.  I shared this with the Judo ka that evening what Sensei had said to me and when he came in and we greeted him I told him of my experience. Then Sensei said 'When you go into muga mushin, deep meditation, you go down and down into your mind and you see the little things like ping pong balls and then split into bits, then I put my hand through the bits, easy no?  'You see nothing is solid it only appears so, its all in the mind'

Sensei was the head of a large Zendo near Kyoto. During the second world war when an atomic bomb was detonated over Nagasaki and Hiroshima, I was told by one of his sons, I am not sure whether it was the Nagasaki or Hiroshima catastrophe that Sensei and six other monks walked barefoot through the ruins which were still simmering in some places, and the Americans and British scientists dressed in radiation suits were amazed and said 'How is it you are not irradiated ' 'Sensei was the only one who spoke English  and said ' The Universe is made of atoms so are we, sayanora '.  They monitored the seven for more than five years and they were fine, Sensei lived in good health and went into nirvana at the age 103 years of age.

SHACK

imgur.com
www.pinterest.com
imgrum.net
THE ABOVE FOUR WOULD I FEEL HAVE SENSEI CHUCKLING






No comments:

Post a Comment