Monday 22 May 2017

SHACK 76 DENTIST

www.gfdl.noaa.gov


I used to teach Judo at the Royal Dental Hospital in Leicester Square(it has relocated now).  Parking was one of the problems, so I used to park my car in a small square in Soho and walk through the streets to the hospital about a ten minute walk.  

On the way I used to get touted by prostitutes and over the three years instructing at hospital in the evenings once weekly I got to know some of them, I did not have sex with them, I would not be ashamed to admit if I had.

Anyway there was a cafe right near where I parked the car and one night about 22.00 as I walked through Soho to the car, the skies opened and I got soaked, really soaked, I went into the cafe like a 'drowned rat' and sat down steaming from my clothes and skin, I ordered a hot drink and said to the waitress 'what a shocking night', she replied 'its just another kind of weather', I looked up into a beautiful native American young women and her eyes were amazing, clear bright and serious without censure.

She taught me another lesson about letting go. I cannot control the weather and yet I wanted too.  Have a sunny warm balmy evening, so the weather can be our teachers(of course now a days they mess about with chemtrails and the like). 

Native peoples who live with the land and respect it of course have to live with the climate and they have a different attitude than City folk.  That lesson stayed with for a long while and then faded when work situations needed conditions for it and with workshops flight delay and train stoppages because of weather conditions were a reminder of the somewhat artificial view I had began to cultivate about the weather.

I can see how the big corporations want to control the weather and manipulate it for commercial reasons and profit.  Now I am at home in so called retirement I go out in all weathers because they are 'just another kind of weather'

SHACK 

No comments:

Post a Comment