Monday 22 May 2017

SHACK 75 NO HEAD?

pinterest


Years back I used to go to a bookshop named Watkins in Cecil Court near Leicester Square tube Station in Central London, it is a 'spiritual bookshop' selling books from Theosophy to horoscopes, from Buddhism to Tarot cards and so on, it's still there to today 2017.  By the way the late John Watkins founded it in 1898, its probably the oldest esoteric bookshop of its kind.

I used to go there for my incense(I don't know if they sell it now) it was a brand the late J Krishnamurti used. 

This particular day I was speaking to Geoffrey (now gone to peace) and the shelf where he kept it was about three feet from where I stood at the counter and about two feet high  its all changed now).  We were talking about emptiness, expediency and being somewhat without thought. I reached up to feel for the incense and there was one packet left, they were very expensive and rare of this particular type, he used to put one away for me.  I said 'you have only one packet here and I have got it'  He said 'are you sure'?. I put my hand to the back of the shelf and found a thin oldish looking book.  He said ' Good Lord what's that I never had seen that before'   I looked at the title and it was ' On having No head'  I opened it up and there were only blank pages, and it was written, of course only the title by Roy Morris, he was my buddy at the Zendo.

How fortuitous we were speaking about this very subject and our experiences of this depersonalize- ation, being identity-less and yet being intelligent, aware, bright functioning beings.  Its as if one lives from a different strata of one's being or mind and consciousness beyond that of thought, nay, actually where thought arises from, one sort of 'catches' it before it goes through the net of conditioning and logic, intellect and modification, it is like original thought.

To me now it seems like I am at the bottom of the lift shaft where the matrix of thought is and as it matures it goes up the lift shaft or carried by the lift to its appropriate 'floor' where it is needed. It comes from the unknown by some superior intelligence of an unknown source and origin and manifests itself through the space of no mind.

SHACK
as above in caption

No comments:

Post a Comment